Adopted Comprehensive Plan
|Louisa County's existing Comprehensive Plan was adopted in 2012. The current Plan and supporting documents are available here.|
Comprehensive Plan Update
Update as of January 7, 2019 after Initial Community Meetings
Comprehensive Plan Update Outline
This outline, approved by the Planning Commission on December 20th, will be used for drafting an update to the Louisa County Comprehensive Plan. There are several areas that will need further consideration by the public before drafting can be completed. Recommended updates will be presented at three public meeting in the near future so that citizens can provide further feedback before drafting is completed.
Citizen Review Committee Meeting Summary
This is a summary of the Citizen Review Committee’s meeting held on December 5th. The Citizen Review Committee was tasked with evaluating the collection and consolidation of community input completed by staff. This step was added to the Comprehensive Plan Update schedule to further ensure the Community Input was being properly evaluated for consideration by the Planning Commission.
Consolidation of Community Input
Following the collection of data shown in the Community Input Packet, staff evaluated and consolidated the information into categories. This is a summary of the methods used and the resulting tables and recommendation. The recommendations include 12 areas of comment that were most frequently documented and should be included in the Comprehensive Plan Update in some respect where most appropriate.
Community Input Packet
The Community Input Packets include a consolidation of inputs and a collection of all the raw, unfiltered, information received by staff at the seven community meetings. Every point of response through comment cards and the dot based voting system is visible here.
Comprehensive Plan Update prior to Community Meetings
A full review of the current Plan is underway. This three-phase effort will involve community meetings, staff review of public input, any resulting drafting/updates, and public consideration by the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors. The process will involve numerous opportunities for public input and consideration.
Additional information is below, and further detail will be added as the process continues.
- Video about the Comprehensive Plan and update process.
- Staff presentation at the Joint Kickoff Meeting of the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors.
- Process map for the planned update effort.
- Current Vision Statement.
- Current goals, which will be used as a basis for the update.
- Community Meeting Schedule.
- Online comment portal for those who cannot attend meetings or who have further comments.
- County Road Map; same map with imagery
- County Facilities Map
- Countywide map of Growth Areas
- Growth Area detail - Boswells Tavern; same map with imagery
- Growth Area detail - Ferncliff; same map with imagery
- Growth Area detail - Gordonsville, same map with imagery
- Growth Area detail - Gum Spring, same map with imagery
- Growth Area detail - Lake Anna, same map with imagery
- Growth Area detail - Louisa, same map with imagery
- Growth Area detail - Mineral, same map with imagery
- Growth Area detail - Shannon Hill, same map with imagery
- Growth Area detail - Zion Crossroads, same map with imagery