The Records Department is responsible for maintenance and retention of all records that are processed in the Sheriff’s Office. These include, but are not limited to:
- Court and citizen obtained Civil papers.
- Court, Citizen and Officer Obtained Criminal Papers.
- Requests from Outside Agencies
- Traffic Reports
- Trespass Notices - Businesses & Schools
- Register Residential or Commercial Alarms (Fire or Burglar)
- Motor Vehicle Crash Reports
- Assist Citizens by phone or in the lobby with matters involving Records and the Sheriff’s Office
- Assist Communications on an emergency basis
- Claims for Insurance Companies and attorneys
- Distribution of Petty Cash
- Distribution of mail and other documents to appropriate persons within the Sheriff’s Office
- Employment Checks
- Fingerprints for Tow Companies, Social Services and Employment
- Notification of Circuit Court Jurors
- Ordering of Supplies and the Forms used by officers in the field
- Recording and submitting all Sheriff fees to the Treasurer
Cash, Check or Money Order Only Reports:
- Fingerprints - $5 per card
- Police Reports - $10
- Subpoenas - $12 In Louisa County only
- Out of State Subpoena or other Civil Service - $75 per person
- Traffic Accidents - $10 (No fee for involved drivers, property owners or injured persons)
APPLICANT FINGERPRINTING HOURS
8:00 am - 3:00 pm. Monday – Friday
DUE TO COVID-19 SOCIAL DISTANCING RESTRICTIONS, ONLY ONE PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE WITH OUR OFFICER IN THE PROCESSING ROOM.
If you need to be fingerprinted for tow companies, job application, visas, etc. You must have a valid picture ID, and be a resident of Louisa County.