WHY JOIN SHIELD?
As a member of a community, we each have a shared responsibility to assist in maintaining the overall safety and security of that community. The Louisa County Sheriff's Office serves as the conduit or tool, but require members of the community partnering together to accomplish these tasks. The term community policing is just that, the entire community coming together to make itself safe. Becoming a member of SHIELD you will have an opportunity to take part and actively help make Louisa County a safe and secure place in which to live, work, visit and raise your family.
WHO CAN JOIN SHIELD?
- Faith Organizations
BENEFITS OF SHIELD
- Designating Sheriff's Office personnel to serve as liaisons with community program partners
- Providing community partners with up to date electronic notices about community crime trends and identified terrorist events
- Identify and create opportunities for networking of resources in times of community need
- Provide materials and resources to educate community partners in several areas of public safety and security.
- SHIELD was created in partnership with NYPD SHIELD and other SHIELD programs around the world and reached well beyond the County of Louisa in an attempt to make sure that our community stay informed
- SHIELD is a force multiplier that significantly increases the capabilities and effectiveness of the Louisa County Sheriff's Office's Crime Prevention and terrorism efforts through community partnerships and information sharing.
- SHIELD provides community organizations with information on emerging crime trends, community events, crime prevention and other training opportunities, community events and evolving terrorist threats that may effect or impact the County of Louisa
- SHIELD is the central destination for community organizations to obtain information and engage Louisa County Sheriff's Office resources.
TRAINING OFFERED TO SHIELD PARTNERS
- Active Shooter
- Terrorism and Awreness
- Surveillance Detection for Security Professionals
- Stop the Bleed
- Citizens Law Enforcement Academy.