Fire/EMS Training Division
- To provide comprehensive education and training for all Fire and EMS personnel. Creating a mentoring environment that promotes learning and enhances individual skills. To elevate all personnel by providing high quality training and confidence in those skills. Which will result in our department providing a high quality service to those that live, work and visit Louisa County.
- We believe to have a successful training division it must have several key characteristics.
Interesting- We plan to offer courses and opportunities that spark students interest.
Fun- We know the best learning environment is one which everyone is comfortable and able to enjoy themselves. (Safety should never be sacrificed for fun)
Rewarding- We know time away from family and friends is precious, so trainee's must feel like they are getting something out of the course such as certification, promotion, skills they will use on the street.
Valid- Training must be valid to promote personnel progression and target weaknesses.
Safe- Our Instructors will always look out for the students best interest, never placing them in a bad situation knowing that the best learning enviroment is a safe one.
Quality- We want to prepare responders to be smart forward-thinkers and should come to the street with a sense of confidence that they can handle any situation thrown at them.
Useful- we should train today to prepare for tomorrow. we learn the most when were uncomfortable.
Follow our department on Facebook (Louisa County Department of Fire/EMS), Twitter (@LFEMS) and Instagram (@LouisaFEMS) for updates!
- Recruit School 21-2 (September 1st, 2021- February 26th, 2022)
- Hybrid Firefighter I
- Hazardous Material Operations
- Hybrid Firefighter II
- VDFP MAYDAY Firefighter Down (April 9th & 10th 2022)
- VDFP Driver/Operator-Aerial (June 11th-July 9th 2022)
- VDFP Intro to Tech Rescue Module II (Early 2022)
- VDFP Surface Water Rescue (July-August 2022)
(Register on VDFP Cornerstone On-Demand at VDFP - Cornerstone OnDemand (csod.com)
- THE PUSH -
Quarterly Training 2022
January 28th, 29th, 30th Live Fire Evolutions
April 21st, 22nd, 23rd Rural Water Supply
July 8th, 9th, 10th Mass Casualty Incidents
October 21st, 22nd, 23rd Low Angle Rope Rescue
Contact the Training Division for more information
or to register email FEMS-Training@louisa.org!
Vector Solutions (targetsolutions.com)
26 Sacred Heart Avenue
Mineral, Va 23117