Neighborhoods & Housing
Neighborhoods & Housing
Louisa County has housing at all economic levels, from apartments and starter homes to exclusive lakefront homes on Lake Anna. Louisa County also has several residential planned communities with single-family homes at a range of different prices.
Residential areas vary from quaint towns to scenic vistas near the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Historic homes and plantations make up the 14,000 acre Green Springs Historic Landmark District. The homes and farms are a continuum of Virginia rural vernacular architecture, reflective and respectful of their location, preserved in their original context with little alteration. Plantations in Green Springs produced so much wheat during the Civil War that it was commonly referred to as the "Granary of the South".
Spring Creek offers new homes in a gated golf community at Zion Crossroads. The neighborhood features amenities such as a beautiful sports center with an oversized community pool, fitness center, meeting rooms, tennis and basketball court, a playground for the kids, and The Spring Creek Golf Club.
Blue Ridge Shores is a residential development completely surrounding Lake Louisa in northern Louisa County. The community features several amenities, such as
- Three beaches each with playground equipment, permanent umbrellas and picnic tables
- An 1100 square foot community center with full kitchen facilities that can be rented for parties and gatherings
- Boating, swimming, and freshwater fishing for bass, carp, catfish and perch.
- A marina with 38 boat slips (15 other boat slips are available in two other locations around the lake)
- A pavilion for parties and gatherings
- Two scenic nature trails featuring benches and bridges
Tanyard Country Club is located in the Town of Louisa, the county seat. Tanyard living provides easy access to the shops and restaurants along Main Street and the amenities of a golf and tennis community. Tanyard is home to an 18 hole golf course and two Har-Tru surfaced outdoor tennis courts. If you want small town country living with the amenities, Tanyard Country Club might be right for you.
In addition to these communities, Lake Anna offers an additional 110+ residential developments that range in price and provide some of the best living Central Virginia has to offer.