The Administrative Division is responsible for most of the "behind the scenes"
tasks that keep the Sheriff's Office running smoothly and efficiently. From
implementing and coordinating the hiring of new recruits to the Sheriff's
Office, to planning and coordinating the in-service training for existing
officers. Administrative division is responsible for maintaining Departmental
Policy, and making sure that all the officers have the proper equipment and
supplies to function on a day to day basis.
- In the hiring process, the Administrative Division receives all applications
for new hires to the Sheriff's Office, including applications for Sworn
personnel and Communication Officers.
- They perform background investigations on all qualified applicants and
arrange the interviews necessary to make recommendations for hiring.
- They setup and coordinate Medical and Drug screenings for all qualified applicants.
- Administrative personnel also create and provide all identification
credentials for new and existing employees of the Sheriff's Office.
Departmental Policy and Procedures
- New Recruit Mandated Training at the Central Shenandoah Criminal Justice
- Field Training for all New recruits, experienced new hires and officers
transitioning from one division to another.
- Coordinate all In-service training of personnel as required to comply
with Department of Criminal Justice Services and state requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate specialized training, either at academies, online,
inter-office or other locations, as needed, by order of the Sheriff.
- Coordinate with Academy and DCJS to ensure all training venues are in
compliance with State requirements.
Equipment and Supplies
- Develop and maintain department policy and procedures, and issue all
personnel updated Department SOP on an annual basis.
- Develop and maintain all departmental forms used both internally and
Live Scan Administrator
- Ensure all new officers are equipped with necessary uniforms, equipment
and supplies to ensure proper performance of their assigned functions.
- Ensure all existing officers are equipped with replacement equipment
and uniforms, to ensure their capability of proper performance of their
- Purchase of equipment and uniforms to replace outdated or non-serviceable
items department wide.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of all Live Scan machines in use by the Louisa County Sheriff's Office.
- Ensure individuals are processed per State requirements for:
- Applicants and New Hires
- Gun Permits
- Arrest Records
- Identification Prints
- Sex Offender Registration
- Towing employee Identification
- Train all Sheriff's Office personnel to operate Live Scan equipment.